Under the direct supervision and control of a registered pharmacist, performs packaging, manipulative, repetitive, or other non-discretionary tasks related to the processing of a prescription (chart order) for inpatients of the acute hospital; but does not perform duties restricted to a registered pharmacist under Section 1793.1 (CA Pharmacy Law)
Or a licensed pharmacy technician (Section 1793.2). In addition, a technician may enter a prescription information into a computer record system or type a prescription label, and also request and receive refill authorization for all patients.
1. Interpret and enters physician medication orders into computer profile system.
2. Prepare for dispensing all medication used in pre-packaging daily unit-dose exchange systems, including SNF
3. Prepares I.V. admixtures, including chemotherapy.
4. Prevent contamination and transfer of infection during manipulative functions.
5. Monitor main inventory and order as needed to meet patient needs.
6. Monitors floor stock levels maintained in storage areas outside the pharmacy.
7. Generates charge for drugs and solutions dispersed.
8. Maintains required documentation of drug transactions.
9. Generates computer reports necessary for workload statistics, cart fill lists, I.V., fluid counts, automatic stop
10. Monitor all transactions for non-compliance with procedures designed to address the special needs of patients
(types and ages) served by the hospital.
ï¿½ High School or equivalent
ï¿½ Must have CA Pharmacy Tech License
Job: Pharmacy Tech
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905005625
About Hi-Desert Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.