The PBM Technician provides technical support to licensed pharmacists within OHSU Pharmacy Benefit Management Services. Support includes but is not limited to troubleshooting pharmacy claims, responding to non-clinical inquiries, providing call center support, implementing formulary changes, and providing utilization management support.
Communicate with members and health care professionals regarding member eligibility, benefit design, and coverage decisions of the pharmacy benefit plan.
Navigate multiple platforms to investigate claim inquiries, provide utilization management support, and implement formulary changes.
Provide miscellaneous reporting and eligibility file transmission support.
Assist PBM pharmacists, account specialist, and operations manager with non-clinical activities, e.g. collecting claims data, drug pricing, and compilation of survey/audit results.
Support PBM pharmacists with pipeline tracking through research of new pharmaceuticals, biosimilar agents, and generic alternatives.
A. Completion of high school degree.
B. Computer keyboarding
C. Demonstrated ability to:
1) show respect for the patient and be sensitive to the patient’s situation
2) maintain patient and hospital confidentiality
3) act as a patient advocate
4) conduct oneself in a professional matter in all dealings with patients, health care providers, and others.
5) interact positively with customers (patients, physicians, case managers, nurses, patient accounts representatives, sponsor personnel, and other pharmacy personnel).
6) prioritize tasks, negotiate task completion deadlines with the supervising pharmacist, and complete tasks on time.
7) clearly communicate written and verbal information during day-to-day interactions.
8) organize patient records, navigating various computer systems, including billing systems and prescription processing, and prior authorization
Formal pharmacy technician training program
Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications including but not limited to Excel, Outlook, Word, and Visio
Two or more years of previous health plan or PBM experience
Two or more years of call center experience
One or more years of retail pharmacy experience
Additional Salary Information: Annual anniversary increases ranging from 1.5% to 4% depending on pay
Internal Number: IRC 70734
About Oregon Health and Science University
OHSU's singular focus on improving health starts with Oregonians and has global impact. We are the only academic health center in Oregon, but we're also nationally distinct as a university dedicated solely to advancing health sciences. This allows us to concentrate resources on research to prevent and cure disease, on education that prepares physicians, dentists, nurses and other health professionals to succeed in an evolving health care environment, and on patient care that incorporates the latest knowledge and discoveries.
Based in Portland, we have 16,000 employees, operate the top-ranked adult and children's hospitals in Oregon, and secure competitive research funding of more than $400 million a year. As a public organization, we provide community outreach and services for Oregon's most vulnerable populations.