Providence is calling a Pharmacy Intern to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
We are seeking a detail-oriented intern to practice in an acute care, ambulatory or retail environment under the guidance of an experienced Pharmacist team.
In this position you will:
- Monitor all elements of daily dispensing, inventory, housekeeping, and security.
- Perform all duties in accordance with regulatory agencies and department policies and procedures to ensure quality of services.
- Consistently coordinate and/or implement patient education programs appropriate to the patient and based on the patient's and/or family's abilities, willingness, and readiness to learn.
- Perform leadership functions to guide, direct, supervise, and coordinate staff to efficiently achieve and maintain an orderly department.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent AND enrollment in an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
- Current Pharmacy Intern registration issued in Washington State
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior experience in a hospital, ambulatory, or retail pharmacy
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Pharmacy Residency
Req ID: 148445