Providence is calling a Pharmacist (Variable Shifts, 0.0 FTE) to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Fill medication orders to all inpatient and/or outpatient areas.
- Ensure prompt and accurate delivery of medications to patient, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Review, process and check physician orders and patient medication profiles.
- Provide pharmaceutical and drug interaction information to the medical staff, hospital staff, and the public.
- Have responsibility for recommending changes in a patient's drug therapy and capable in interpreting and evaluating physician orders for the most cost effective, appropriate therapy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of Montana
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Completion of ASHP accredited residency program
- Prior hospital pharmacy experience
- Prior hospital pharmacy / residency experience
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialty
About the hospital you will serve.
St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 153798