Providence is calling a Pharmacist Intern ( Per Diem - Variable Shift ) to Providence Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
In this position you will:
- Perform the functions of a pharmacist underthe supervision of a pharmacist, the Clinical coordinator, or the Director.
- Complete duties that include, but is not limited to IV admixtures, unit dose drugdistribution, compounding, clinical intervention program, pharmacokineticprogram, formulary management, patient education, and involvement in otherclinical activity programs to ensure appropriate and safe medication use.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Candidate for the Doctorate of Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of pharmacy or have a Pharm. D. or B.S. degree from an accredited school of pharmacy and eligible to sit for the California State Board of Pharmacy or California equivalent NABPLEX / California Jurisprudence Board Licensure Exam or equivalent.
- Current California Intern Pharmacist'slicense in good standing
- Current LA City Fire Card within 90days of hire
- Familiar with pharmacy law and regulations, Title 22 andJCAHO requirements
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year acute care experience
Providence Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women's Pavilion & Resource Center provides women's health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. Providence Health & Services cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core-values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Pharmacy Support
Req ID: 153180