Avera serves South Dakota and surrounding areas of Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and North Dakota through six regional centers in Aberdeen, Mitchell, Pierre, Sioux Falls and Yankton, SD, and Marshall, MN. We serve you through 33 hospitals, 208 primary and specialty care clinics, 40 senior living facilities in addition to home care and hospice, sports and wellness facilities, home medic...al equipment outlets and more.
You’ll benefit not only from the highest quality expertise and technology, but also from an emotional and spiritual connection with Avera caregivers.
Avera’s mission is to make a positive impact in the lives and health of persons and communities by providing quality services guided by Christian values.
About Avera: http://www.avera.org/about/
Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
•Service encompasses a population of 800,000
•Non-profit, Catholic facility and the regional referral center for the Avera Health System and surrounding
•A full range of services offered, including Careflight airplane and helicopter air ambulances, Level II
Trauma Center, open heart surgery, the region's only program for kidney, pancreas and bone marrow
transplants, one of the finest birthing centers nationwide with perinatologists, Level III NICU with
neonatologists, PICU with pediatric intensivists, CARF accredited rehabilitation services and a full
spectrum of mental health care.
The Sioux Falls Community
• South Dakota's largest city with a population of 200,000
• "Best place to live in America" as judged by Money Magazine for its quality of life, including low crime
rate, high quality education, clean air and water, lack of traffic congestion and friendly residents
• 22 elementary, 5 middle, and 4 high schools
• 13 private schools affiliated with various religious organizations
• Five colleges, nearby state universities and a number of business and vocational schools
• 80 parks
• Host to professional teams in basketball, baseball, football, hockey and soccer
• The Avera Sports Institute provides comprehensive sports training, rehabilitation and enhancement
programs in a 40,000 square foot year-round athletic training center
• 1835 seat performing arts center
• Empire Mall with 180 stores
• Over 400 restaurants