Providence is calling a Pharmacy Technician Specialist (Anticoagulation Clinic, Day Shift, On Call) to Providence Holy Family Hospital in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Position Details: This is an on-call position (0.0FTE, No benefits), Day Shift. The hours and days vary based on the needs of the department. The shift can be as early as 6:30am and as late as 5:00pm. However, most days will be 8:00am to 4:30pm (No weekends).
Note: The candidate for this position needs to be available at least 3 days a week on a weekly basis. Be available 6 weeks for full-time training and be available to cover sick calls, vacation, leave, etc.
In this position you will:
- Considers individual needs in communication with patients and staff, including ethical, cultural, psychosocial, religious, and age-specific aspects, to include all ages.
- Supports patient rights and the organization's code of ethical behavior.
- Interacts in a positive manner with pharmacy and other hospital staff.
- Recognizes situations requiring pharmacist attention and refers requests as appropriate.
- Demonstrates proficiency in IV admixture with proper dose calculation, compounding TPN's and syringe preparation.
- Demonstrates set up, use and cleaning of Automix.
- Demonstrates accurate admixture/dilution of chemotherapy following hospital policy and procedure.
- Participates in continuing education programs as required.
- Assists in orientation of new pharmacy assistants.
- Demonstrates proper and accurate operation and maintenance of automated dispensing machines.
- Utilizes Torsion balance correctly and accurately to compound pharmaceutically correct preparations.
- Demonstrates practical knowledge of handling of controlled substances with proper accountability, record keeping requirements, and operation of C-11 Safe.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduation, or equivalency, including or supplemented by courses indicated by KAS (knowledge, ability, and skill) requirements
- Current WA State Pharmacy Tech (Level A) Certification
- Sufficient experience to enable the employee to work effectively in commonplace work situations and to provide working knowledge of the principles, practices, standards, methods, and techniques of the pharmaceutical field; usually interpreted as one year of applicable experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current and Active Washington State Pharmacy Tech Certification
- Previous hospital experience a plus
- Previous outpatient experience a plus
- Experience working with the geriatric population a plus
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Holy Family Hospital is a progressive, full service hospital in Spokane, Washington, offering a full range of medical and surgical services as well as specialty support and outpatient services. The hospital primarily serves north Spokane County—the fastest growing area in our region. We are currently licensed for more than 270 beds. As a not-for-profit Catholic hospital, every dollar we earn goes back to the
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Req ID: 147192