Providence is calling a Pharmacist to Providence St Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
The Staff Pharmacist provides pharmaceutical care, information and/or consultation to the patient and other healthcare professionals.
In this position you will:
- Fill medication orders to all inpatient and/or outpatient areas.
- Ensure prompt and accurate delivery of medications to patient, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Review, process and check physician orders and patient medication profiles.
- Provide pharmaceutical and drug interaction information to the medical staff, hospital staff, and the public.
- Have responsibility for recommending changes in a patient's drug therapy and capable in interpreting and evaluating physician orders for the most cost effective, appropriate therapy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Current license or eligible for license as a Registered Pharmacist in Washington State
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Prior hospital and/or retail pharmacy experience
- Completion of ASHP accredited residency program
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 150766