Providence is calling a Pharmacy Tech to Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
The pharmacy tech supports Pharmacy services under the direction of a licensed Pharmacist.
In this position you will:
- Assist licensed pharmacists to formulate, label and dispense medications and other health care products in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Fills and dispenses unit dose, IV Admixtures, and/or chemotherapeutic medications under the direction of pharmacists
- Collect & verify patient medication histories
- Perform routine pharmacy work that may include inventory, sterilization and maintaining patient records
- Calculate drug volumes to deliver correct dosages
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of approved pharmacy technician training program
- Current licensure with the State Board of Pharmacy
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous practical experience in a hospital and/or retail pharmacy
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Req ID: 149132