Providence is calling a Program Manager-Clinical Pharmacy Outcomes to Providence Health Plan in Beaverton, OR.
This position has oversight of the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program with service primarily to the Medicare Part D population. In addition to the administrative oversight of this program, this individual will have clinical staffing responsibilities within the program, helping to drive a high quality clinical program for our members.
In this position, you will:
- Work under the direction of the Senior Pharmacy Manager.
- Be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of the Oregon Region Providence Health & Services Formulary (acute care, ambulatory, home and community services, and medical group) and drug therapy initiatives as determined in consultation with physician leadership within the health system/plan.
- Manage and support the Providence Health Plan (PHP) Medication Therapy Management program (MTM) for all lines of business (Medicare, Commercial self & fully-insured and Medicaid) as needed and required.
- Collaborate and integrate with Coordinated Care Organizations, Accountable Care Organizations and Medical Homes.
- Lead the department's quality improvement programs and initiatives.
- Support and assist the Senior Pharmacy Manager and other Providence Leadership in meeting Providence service, stewardship, quality, utilization and financial goals.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy
- Pharm.D or Master of Science (MS) degree in pharmacy with residency -unless- equivalent experience and education can be documented
- Current licensure by Oregon State Board of Pharmacy -or- eligible to meet requirement of Oregon State Board with licensure required before employment
- Project management, Six Sigma, Change Acceleration Process (CAP) and Work Out training experience or training needed - with at least 1 of these required before or within 1 year of entering position
- 3 years of experience in ambulatory or acute care pharmacy practice which included responsibility for drug therapy evidence assessment and/or formulary management as well as direct consultation and presentation of medication information to physicians and/or patients
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Direct personnel management or supervisory experience in a pharmacy practice setting
- Integrated Health System pharmacy practice experience
- Medication Therapy Management experience, preferred
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 144260