Come help us improve the safety and quality of care in the Pharmacy Department at Kaiser! The opportunity exists to partner with local multidisciplinary teams and colleagues in other Kaiser Permanente regions on medication safety initiatives. We are seeking specialists who are passionate about advancing our current safety program and influencing safety strategy for the department.
Position expectations & responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates safety programs and activities for the Pharmacy Department
- Participates on departmental, regional, and interregional committees affecting the safety and quality agenda
- Recommends and facilitates change within the department and organization to improve safety and quality of care
- Collaborates with regional physician, nursing and risk management partners
- Investigates and triages medication safety events and supports health care providers in managing medication-related events
- Identifies system-based causes for close calls and errors through data-mining and reporting trend analysis to recommend safety and quality initiatives, error prevention strategies, and potential system changes
- Promotes reporting of close calls and errors in collaboration with pharmacy leadership
- Coordinates activities of the Pharmacy Medication Safety and Quality Work groups
- Supports creation and review of policies and protocols pertaining to medication and patient safety
- Exerts leadership in establishing a just culture and non-punitive approach for addressing medication errors
- Collaborates and coordinates with various pharmacy teams and regional departments on process and workflow change implementation for matters related to medication safety and quality
- Educates health care providers regarding medication safety and quality by developing educational tools, providing presentations, leading discussions and/or designing clinical decision support prescribing content for the electronic medical record
- Precepts pharmacy students and residents
- Participates in research projects, presentations and publications related to medication safety and quality as needed
As a member of Kaiser Permanente Colorado's team, you'll be proud of the contributions you make every day.
We work together to improve the health of our members, coworkers, and the communities where we work and live. Whether you join us in the metro areas of Denver and Boulder or in Front Range communities from Fort Collins to Pueblo, you'll enjoy breathtaking natural beauty of the Rocky Mountains along with urban flair.
The areas we serve offer something for everyone-historic districts, family neighborhoods, and access to some of the best hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing and ski resorts in the world. Prepare to be inspired.
Immediate Opening: Excellent Benefits, Competitive Salary Full Time Opportunity
Central Support Services – Aurora CO Monday to Friday, Variable Hours
- Free Medical Benefits
Paid Time Off
Extended Sick Leave
Work Life Balance
Please contact Lorraine Bamford, Sr Recruiter – Operations, Allied Health and Mid Levels
For a more detailed job description Tel: 303 338 3047 Mobile: 303 709 4481 Email: email@example.com and also apply on-line at www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org
Sheri Herner is the hiring manager and can be reached at 303 739 3638 or Sheri.J.Herner@kp.org.